Sunday, January 25, 2009

I'm Engaged!



Yea it was quick and yea I'm in love with the most amazing guy in the world and yea...we are getting married! I am in Thatcher right now at Sam's house and I thought we were just gonna come up here for the weekend just to hangout with some friends and meet with his parents some more. He had said that his friends Chace and Rachel wanted to go up to their cabin on Mt. Graham and asked if we wanted to go up with them and of course I said yes and we were on our way. As I was getting ready to go yesterday afternoon, I kind of thought to myself, what if he proposes? He had told me time and time that the ring wasn't going to be done for 3 weeks so I just remembered that comment and didn't think anything of it again. As we were driving up the mountain, we were just talking and laughing and having a good time and then we pulled up. We grabbed the little picnic basket his mom had packed for us and headed up the stairs. He opens the door and I poked my head in and hear music, see candles everywhere, and there were roses and petals all over the place! Sam had mentioned that he thought it might have been Chace and Rachel's anniversary on our way up so I walked in thinking that Oh my goodness! We are walking into their date?! But no. In that moment, my heart was beating so fast it almost blew through my chest. He tells me to open the box on the table and I freaked out a little bit and got scared but I grabbed it, opened it, and there was nothing in that dang box. That little trickster. I turned around and he said, Will you marry me? And I said Get on your knee! And then he got down and said, Will You Marry Me? And of course I said YES!!! So there's our little story :] We plan on getting married at the end of April getting into May but we're still deciding the best date! I will surely keep you posted! Amber Daley, cute!

11 comments:

Brian and Brianna said...

It was so hard not telling you!! I'm so happy for you both that is sooooo exciting! You will make a great little wifey :)

Hayley said...

Well, well! I thought I would click on your link and I'm sure glad I did!! CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH!! Wahoo!! That really is such exciting news and I'm so happy for you! I'll be in Mesa the whole month of May- so if you are taking family requests for wedding dates- my preference is May :) Congrats again Amber- looking forward to hearing more about everything! YEAH!! and your ring is GORGEOUS- you lucky girl!

Shannon said...

Woohoo! Congratulations! Sam that little tricker! Seriously Amber we all think Sam a great guy and wish you both the best! Your ring is so pretty!

theharmans said...

CONGRATULATIONS! James takes his second set of boards July first, so please make your date before or after, we really want to be there!

Penny said...

Awesome! Congrats!that sound like a proposal right out of the movies. you guys are so cute, and that ring...woo!

Stephanie Perkins said...

Ambi I am so excited for you!! Sam is the perfect guy for you too!! I can't wait to see your ring and see you this weekend!! Love you and Congrats!!

Megan said...

Amber
Whitney just told me the good nes so i had to see for myself. congratulations!!

Jenny Hogle said...

Oh shut your mouth! That's so exciting! Congratulations!!

Haymore Family said...

that is so cute! i never did hear the whole story of how it went down! Im so excited for you and cant wait for you to be my new sister! wahoo! like you need any more siblings!:)

abigail said...

CONGRATS!!!! Married life is fun!!!!
Hey I LOVE Rachel and Chase!!! Tell them I say Hi!!! PS i live the big band for the engagment ring!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the ring!!!! CONGRATULATIONs! Married life is the BEST! :)